TEN COUNTRY HOUSES BY DELANO & ALDRICH, by Chester B. Price - 1924$350.00
Portraits of Ten Country Houses designed by Delano & Aldrich
drawn by Chester B. Price
with an Introduction by Royal Cortissoz
New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1924.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is overall in Very Good condition with gentle overall wear and aging.
- Brown covers feature text on front and display commensurate edgewear, with some exposed boards.
- Boards exhibit some brown and white staining on back, and a small stain on front. (See photos)
- Spine is in dark brown cloth, and has gently toned title label.
- Spine is frayed at ends, and shows a bump to head, affecting 0.5" of head. (See photos)
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Front pastedown features illustrated ex-libris bookplate. (See photos)
- Plates are well preserved with gentle toning.
- Half-title page shows more pronounced marginal toning.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning, as well as light foxing along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 140 pages. 11 x 14.25 inches.
The beautiful country houses designed by Delano & Aldrich date back from the start of the past century, taking our imagination back to the past of the United States. This collection illustrates some of the most characteristic examples of American architecture, and gives us an idea of what life was like in a house in the country. Each house brings out different aspects of these particularities, the details allowing a close-up on the architectural details.
William Adams Delano (1874-1960) and Chester Holmes Aldrich (1871-1940) are among the most successful architects of the twentieth century who took European and classical precedent to create a personal American style in the first half of the century.
61 B&W plates. Each plate captioned. Includes a historical text.
PROVENANCE: from the library of J. Theodore Prochazka.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore