TED SAUCIER'S BOTTOMS UP, by Ted Saucier - 1951 [1st ED]
Ted Saucier's Bottoms Up
by Ted Saucier
illustrators: Arthur Brown, Gilbert Bundy, Robert Bushnell, Earl Cordrey, Bradshaw Crandell, Phil Dormont, Al Dorne, John Falter, James Flagg, John La Getta, Russell Patteron, Ben Stahl
True 1st Edition. New York: Greyston Press, 1951.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated covers are in overall very good condition.
- Corner at front foot is frayed. (See Photos).
- Spine has repeating design with title against white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are dusty with light scattered foxing. (See Photos).
- Laid-in 3" x 10" publishers book description has some wear to edges that extend past text block. (See Photos).
- Original publisher's acetate DJ has gilt title and text on front.
- DJ has overall scuffing and aging, with a notable .5" x 2.25" chip that starts at spine head and wraps to front. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
270 pages. 7.5 x 10 inches.
"Crammed with 780 recipes, Bottom's Up is the most distinguished collection of cocktails and mixed drinks ever assembled between covers. All of the many facets of drinking, preparing drinks and serving them are covered in detail in the book. Contains tips on mixing drinks; a glossary of bar terms; table of the standard sizes of glasses; photographs of the correct glassware for cocktails; wines, and spirits, and a list of the national toasts of 38 countries."
Lithographed cover was designed by Al Dorne (1904-1965), former president of the society of illustrators. A dynamic and influential professional, this American artist received many awards in his lifetime and co-founded successful schools for aspiring artists, photographers, and writers.
EDITION POINTS: True 1st Edition
EPHEMERA: Publisher's book description printed on a fine paper has been laid-in.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore