TAPS AT REVEILLE, by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 1935 [1st Ed] *Facsimile DJ*$1,100.00
Taps at Reveille
by F Scott Fitzgerald
TRUE FIRST EDITION, First State with points. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1935.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with FINE facsimile DJ.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear and aging and is remarkably well preserved.
- Covers are in blue rough cloth, and display mild edge fading.
- Boards exhibit mild edgewear with bumping and rubbing of corners.
- Spine features faded gilt text, and is gently sunned, with a little more fading along back shoulder.
- Spine ends are frayed, softened and chipped.
- Binding is secure with a barely perceptible play.
- Interior is gently aged with rare smudges.
- Minimal foxing to half-title and ffep. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing or intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate age-toning, as well as some dust along head.
- DJ is a newly produced facsimile reproduction of the original DJ. (See photos)
- DJ is wrapped in Mylar and is backed with archival paper, showing minimal overall wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
407 pages. 5.5 x 7.5 inches.
All first edition, first issue points:
- Has Scribner 'A' and colophon to copyright page (see photo)
- Page 350 reads "Assis Machine" uncorrected.
- Page 351 reads "'oh, catch it-oh, catch it and take it,' she sighed."
A collection of 18 short stories from this American novelist. Always entertaining and finely written, Fitzgerald stories are well representative of the Jazz Age. This final collection of short stories Fitzgerald published during his lifetime, includes Babylon Revisited.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore