TALLY-HO! YANKEE IN A SPITFIRE, by Arthur G. Donahue - 1941$125.00
Tally-Ho! Yankee in a Spitfire
by Arthur G. Donahue, Pilot Officer, R.A.F.
Published by: The MacMillan Company, New York, 1941.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays mild overall aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Blue covers exhibit mild overall fading, more pronounced along edges, as well as some light dust and foxing on back, that is also more faded on upper part. (See photos)
- Spine features black title block with white text and color design, and displays mild overall sunning as well as light softening of ends.
- Binding is secure with minimal play.
- Illustration plates are well preserved, showing mild toning. (See photos)
- Interior exhibits mild overall age-toning as well as small occasional smudges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are a little dusty, showing occasional slight staining, as well as foxing along fore edge and foot.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ displays mild to moderate overall toning and some edgewear, with minor rubbing to corners as well as a small chip to head of spine, with minor creasing in the same area. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
190 pages. 5.75 x 8.25 inches.
The thrilling and captivating story of the farm boy from Minnesota who was the first American to see aerial combat with the R.A.F. in 1940. Pilot Officer Arthur Gerald Donahue started his career with the R.A.F. in Canada, flying a spitfire in World War II. While many WWII tales of flying were recounted by reporters, Donahue's stories were the first written by an actual pilot.
It is a simple yet forceful account, that tells of the experience of flying, being shot at, bailing out, even giving a graphic idea of flying technique, and in general what the life of a pilot of the R.A.F. was really like.
Third Printing. Illustrated with seven B&W photographs + frontis, portrait photograph of the author. Includes a list of illustrations.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore