SYSTEM & DIALECTICS OF ART, by John Graham - 1971
System & Dialectics of Art
by John Graham
Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins Press, 1971.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD+ DJ.
- Boards are slightly bowed and lightly sunned at top edges. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gold text and is bright with softened ends. (Please see photo)
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has some edgewear, is sunned at top edge of front, shows a smudge on back, and is NOT price-clipped.
213 pages. 6.25X9.25 inches.
"John Graham's System and Dialectics of Art was first published in Paris in 1937. It has long been out of print. Written in catechistic style, the book serves to provide a terminology for art, to divide the history of art according to socioeconomic periods, to classify works and periods of art, and to provide a basis for evaluating art. One of the earliest of the cognoscenti of modern art, Graham writes with insight that is often brilliant, sometimes querulous, and always stimulating." (from DJ)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore