STREETWISE, by Mary Ellen Mark & John Irving - 1992 [1st Ed]
by Mary Ellen Mark
intro by John Irving
1st Edition. New York: Aperture, 1992
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- ISBN: 0893814873
- Illustrated front cover features a black and white photograph taken by the artist.
- Wraps show shelfwear and edgewear. (See Photos).
- Corners are bumped and scuffed, with some tearing. (See Photos).
- Spine has white text against a black background, and is free of creases.
- Binding is strong.
- Back fep has a red line.
- Black and white illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have light marginal toning throughout, with scarce faint smudges.
- Foot of first 10 pages has light staining that fades after colophon. There is a 1/8" spot below first photo on recto, that is picked up by facing page and over next 3 pages. (See Photos).
- Text block edges have a few marks, staining on the bottom and side edges. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
77 pages. 10 x 11 inches.
Mary Ellen Mark tells an important story through her collection of photographs of the street children of Seattle. Streetwise captures not only the children's lives on the streets but, in their expressions and mannerisms, the effect of that life on them. This remarkable lens into lives on the streets includes the transcript from the Academy Award Nominated film "Streetwise," directed by her husband Martin Bell and with a soundtrack by Tom Waits. These cityscape portraits are a moving sample of her compelling photojournalism. This book is a powerful education into one of the darker sides of American life.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore