STORY OF LITTLE BLACK SAMBO Helen Bannerman illustrated Grant Richards 1900
STORY OF LITTLE BLACK SAMBO Helen Bannerman illustrated Grant Richards 1st Ed
The Story of Little Black Sambo
written and illustrated by Helen Bannerman
Although this book has fallen out of favor due to it's implied racial slurs, it was a children's favorite for more than half a century.(wikipedia) This is the original version, with Bannerman's illustrations portraying a little boy from Southern India. It was printed as part of a series of small-format books called "The Dumpy Books for Children." 113 pages. 3.25 x 5 inches.
This is from the 3rd printing of the FIRST Edition by Grant Richards, London. 1900.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Book is complete and in nice condition.
- Illustrated wraps are stiff -- not quite hardback or softback.
- Pages are printed only on one side.
- Covers are smudged with a bit of dirt.
- Perimeters exhibit expected amount of scuffing.
- Spine ends are bumped.
- Front board is slightly warped.
- Inside pages are free of marginalia and intentional marks.
- Front pastedown and ffeps have minimal.
- Light scattered foxing is more evident near ends of book.
- Textblock edges are dusty with light foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com