STORIES FROM THE ARABIAN NIGHTS, by Laurence Housman; Edmund Dulac (illus) - 1907
Stories from the Arabian Nights
by Laurence Housman
with illustrations by Edmund Dulac
Very scarce 1907 publication by Scribner's. Highlighted by 50 stunning color tipped in plates by Edmund Dulac in a separate section of the book. Features six stories such as The Fisherman and the Genie, The Story of the Magic House, Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, all retold by Laurence Housman. 133 pages. 7.25" by 9,75".
Published by: Charles Scribner's Sons. New York. 1907.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Red cloth boards feature Arabic style lettering on the front and spine along with illustrations on each.
- Light scuffing to corners with a bit more to spine head and tail.
- A few spots to the back.
- Heavy Mylar wrap included with book (not photographed.
- Three notes in pen on ffep.
- Frontispiece. is present.
- A few chips from the frontis backing have transferred to the tissue guard at the gutter.
- Some wear to the fore edge of page XV.
- Some minor spots and a few small page edge tears.
- Binding tight.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks