STAVROGIN'S CONFESSION & The Plan of a Great Sinner, by DOSTOEVSKY - 1922 [1st ed]
STAVROGIN'S CONFESSION & The Plan of a Great Sinner DOSTOEVSKY 1922 1st edition
Stavrogin's Confession and The Plan of a Great Sinner
BY F. M. Dostoevsky
Translated by S. S. Koteliansky and Virgina Woolf. Includes introduction and explanatory notes about how these stories and chapters came to be printed posthumously. Apparently there are also chapters from Dostoevsky's novel "The Possessed" (aka "The Demons) that were expunged from the original publication. 169 pages. 5.25 x 7.75 inches.
First Printing, First Edition. Hogarth Press, Richmond, VA. 1922.
Overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Original blue and white paper patterned boards, blue cloth spine, printed paper labels to spine and upper board.
- Text is free of any pen or ink marks. Pages are gently toned, possibly with other signs of aging.
- Pastedowns show some aging and tanning. Small pencil mark on front pastedown.
- Small impression from owner's library on title page.
- Pages after end of last chapter are uncut (publisher ads).
- Text block edges are deckled at side and lower edges.
- Bumped corners and spine ends.
- Light to moderate edgewear.
- Some darkening to pasted spine piece and to boards, particularly at edges.
- Minor scrape to front sticker.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
Books over $250 will ship insured, which will incur additional shipping charges.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from Highwire.com