STANISLAV LIBENSKY AND HIS SCHOOL, by Oldrich Palata - 2001$50.00
Stanislav Libensky and His School
by Oldrich Palata
Libensky's art is a continuation of the most refined Czech tradition of glassmaking, while remaining totally unique even among the national styles of various artists through the centuries. This volume, putting together the most distinguished students and followers of the acclaimed professor, gives an overview of the influence of this great artist on Czech glassmaking. Taking as a starting point, the professor himself, the volume continues on to explore the works of his various followers, giving for each artist, one of his artworks shown in a splendid full-color photograph, his education, the places of exhibition of his works, and the awards received, if any. The examples shown include works in the graphic arts, which Libensky made sure were mastered by his students while they progressed in glassmaking technique and developed the skills which would make them unique. In spite of having become acclaimed artists of their own, Libensky's students never fail to compare their works to those of their master, an indubitable proof that surpassing him was not only difficult or impossible to achieve, but also a lifelong endeavor, their only true proof of their own worth. Approx. 175 pages. 9.25 x 12.75 inches.
Handsomely illustrated with black & white and full-color photographs. Text in Czech with English, German and French translations.
Published by: Prager Kabinett, Prague, Czech Republic, 2001.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 8023876082
- Volume is in near fine condition showing minimal wear on covers, and little to none to interior, as well as minimal wear to DJ.
- Covers feature full-color images of artworks with names on front, and display minimal edgewear from bumping to corners, mostly lower corners. (See photos)
- Spine features white text on black background, and has firm ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays minimal wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- One page displays a light scuff ascending from lower edge. (See photos)
- Publisher's ribbon bookmark inside.
- DJ features a pasted image, with black text on front, and displays minor edgewear from bumping to corners and spine ends, and a 0.25" vertical closed tear to lower edge on back, as well as scarce scuffs. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore