SPIRITUALISM, NOT SPIRITUALISM, by William Teasdale Wilson - 1907
Spiritualism not Spiritualism
by William Teasdale Wilson
London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner and Co, LTD, 1907.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Deckle edges.
- Front pastedown includes cryptic ex-libris with bold lettering reading FLORIDA RUMBLE GLOVER which happens to match the name in ink, a declaration of ownership, on the following ffep; in small print along the lower portion are the words TOUCH NOT THE CAT BUT THE GLOVE; further detail from the ex-libris suggests that this plate was issued from a literary club.
- Bound in dark green cloth with enragved trimming to boards and gilt lettering to the spine.
- Boards show very light scuffing to the back and one small white spot to the front.
- Scuffing to the corners with minimally exposed boards.
- Rippling along the shoulders.
- Spine head and tail are pushed with some splitting to ends.
- Pastedowns and endpapers are age toned with foxing.
- The title page and ffep both bear the number 1 written in pencil which likely indicates that the publication is the first volume within a series.
- Ffep shows small tear to fore edge.
- Pages 5/6 show small dark spot.
- Pages of appendix are foxed along the perimeter.
- Front hinge is cracked.
- Textblock is lightly age toned though interior is in good condition with legible text on clean pages.
- Binding between pages 224/225 is cracked; binding feels brittle and exhibits some play though is secure overall.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
312 pages. 6" by 9"
From the preface: "This book contains a record of the experiences of the author when making his introductory investigations in the huge unseen spirit world."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.