SPACE CALCULATED IN SECONDS, by Marc Treib - 1996 [DJ]
Space Calculated in Seconds
The Philips Pavilion, Le Corbusier, Edgard Varese
by Marc Treib
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1996
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Silver cloth covers are mostly clean, with embossed decoration and black ink titles.
- Boards show a little edgewear. Lower corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine has black text and is bright with softened ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Black end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some bumping along head edge and corners. See photos.
282 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches
Monograph devoted to Le Corbusier's work on the Philips Pavilion at the World Exposition of 1958. Making use of Philips' advanced technologies for illumination and sound reproduction, Le Corbusier created a synthetic work of art integrating the properties of color, sound, light, and rhythm. This work, the Poeme electronique, was seen by over a million visitors to the Philips Pavilion during the course of the fair. and it positioned Le Corbusier and his collaborators at the forefront of advanced visual media. (from the Introduction)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.