SOME THOUGHTS CONCERNING EDUCATION, by John Locke - 1709
Some Thoughts Concerning Education
by John Locke
London: A and F Churchill, 1709
Hardback is overall in FAIR condition.
- Front board is detached. (Please see photo)
- Boards show some dirt, staining, chips around edges, and scuffing. Corners are bumped and scuffed with exposed board.
- Spine has gilt text and shows cracks and dirt to leather, with chips off head and foot. (Please see photo)
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some staining and writing in ink.
- Interior is age-toned.
- Inside pages have scattered marginalia with some underlining. (Please see photo)
- Text block edges show some dirt, especially to top.
390 pages. 4.75X7.5 inches.
The sixth edition in large print. "Some Thoughts Concerning Education is a 1693 treatise on the education of gentlemen written by the English philosopher John Locke. For over a century, it was the most important philosophical work on education in England." (Wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore