SOLAR CONTROL & SHADING DEVICES, by Aladar and Victor Olgyay - 1957 [illustrated]
Solar Control & Shading Devices
by Aladar and Victor Olgyay
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1957
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards with blue cloth show some smudges, stains, spots, edgewear. Corners are scuffed.
- Spine has gilt text and is sunned, with chipped and frayed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have some moderate foxing, staining.
- Illustrations are bright and clear, with scattered foxing, marginal age-toning.
- Interior is gently age-toned, with some smudges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
201 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches
The work of two Hungarian-born and trained architects doing research and teaching at Princeton University in the 1950s, still pertinent 65 years after its initial publication. Olgyay & Olgyay's general interests lay in "the climatic environmental influences on regional architectural character" (Foreword). This book, focusing on shading devices as architectural elements and the technical considerations in the design of solar protection, is related to the authors' broader interests, while constituting a stand-alone study.
Copiously illustrated with diagrams and photographs.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.