SICHTBARE WELT, by Peter Fischli & David Weiss - 1999
by Peter Fischli & David Weiss
Originally made for documenta X (1997), Sichtbare Welt (Visible World) comprises three monitors each displaying an eight-hour video made up of the artists' still photographs. The series includes much-photographed views such as the New York skyline, Sydney Harbour and the Pyramids. Others are the kind of pictures taken by amateur photographers, conventionally composed, sharply focused, with appealing subject matter such as woodland glades and sunlit gardens. The images, taken in arbitrary locations around the world, slowly dissolve one into another and, as is also the case with their slide shows, there is no sound track. The work was shown on late night television in Germany every night for three months. Visible World exists in a number of other formats; as an artists’ book and as an installation of fifteen light tables displaying a vast slide archive.
Visible World. A volume featuring the collaborative work of Swiss photographers Peter Fischli and David Weiss, adapted from what was originally conceived as a video installation presented at documenta X, a single show featuring site specific work by various artists as a part of the ongoing series of contemporary art exhibitions held at the Fridericianum museum in Kassel, Germany. Unpaginated. 9" by 10.75".
With the exception of the title page and copyright page which have been printed in German, this volume does not include any text.
Published by Verlad der Buchhandlung Walther Konig. Koln, Germany. 1999.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition.
- ISBN: 3883754331
- Illustrated wraparound covers have retained much of their original quality and exhibit only very minor signs of wear.
- Front cover exhibits faint scuffing and scratches while the rear cover exhibits pronounced creases to the upper left area and lower edge while both sides appear to have mild creases and indentations along the edges.
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine has, featuring bold white lettering, exhibits a pronounced crease running along the length (likely from use) with faint creases to the spine ends.
- Binding is highly secure overall though among the end portion of the texblock there does appear to be two pages where the binding is significantly loosened and separated. Additionally, the binding is slightly loosened along the gutters in areas throughout the textblock with some signatures exhibiting exposed threading. Please see photos for clarification.
- Interior is free of any apparent signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore