Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST, art by Edward A. Wilson - 1940 [Ltd Ed 905/950]
The Plays of William Shakespeare:
illustrated from watercolors by Edward Arthur Wilson
#905/950. Published by: The Limited Editions Club, New York, 1940.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays mild shadows on front cover and toning inside.
- Covers feature nice color design and display minimal overall rubbing as well as some edgewear, with minimally exposed boards at corners.
- Front cover exhibits shadows along edges.
- Spine is in cloth, and features text in gilt, that is altered by general darkening.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations inside are well-preserved.
- Interior is mildly toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are deckled, and feature gilt along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
79 pages. 9 x 13 inches.
The Tempest is presented in this volume as part of the magnificent series The Plays of William Shakespeare, which compiles the best-known works of the world's greatest playwright in 37 volumes. Written in the early 1600s, it features the King of Naples and the crew of a ship caught in a storm.
Limited Edition. No. 905 of 950. Illustrated from the splendid watercolors of American painter Edward Arthur Wilson (1886–1970). Text of First Folio edited and amended where obscure by Herbert Farjeon.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.