Shakespeare's RICHARD III, art by Fritz Eichenberg - 1940 [Ltd Ed 905/950]
The Plays of William Shakespeare:
Richard the Third
by William Shakespeare
illustrated by Fritz Eichenberg
Published by: The Limited Editions Club. New York, NY. 1940.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated covers exhibit minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Boards are gently darkened and stained with mild edgewear.
- Ink-stamped cloth spine is darkened and gently rubbed.
- Corners are moderately bumped and rubbed with exposed boards.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers are gently age-toned and stained.
- Ffep bears shadow from facing illustration. Please see photo.
- Frontispiece is present and unworn.
- Plates are present and unworn.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Top-edge gilt with deckle edges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
131 pages. 9" by 13".
Richard III is presented in this volume as part of the magnificent series The Plays of William Shakespeare, which compiles the best-known works of the world's greatest playwright in 37 volumes. Text of First Folio edited and amended where obscure by Herbert Farjeon.
Limited Edition. No. 905 of 950. Illustrated from the splendid lithographs of the German-American illustrator Fritz Eichenberg (1901-1990)
Insert includes notes about the play and illustrator, a statement from the illustrator, a preface by E.K. Chambers and a dramatis personae.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore