Shakespeare's AS YOU LIKE IT, art by Sylvain Sauvage - 1939 [ 905/950]
The Plays of William Shakespeare:
As You Like It
illustrated from watercolors by Sylvain Sauvage
Published by: The Limited Editions Club, New York, 1939.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays minimal aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature elegant color design and display some edgewear with exposed boards at corners.
- Spine is in cloth, and features title in gilt, barely visible through general darkening of spine.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are well-preserved.
- Interior is mildly toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are deckled, and feature gilt along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
93 pages. 9 x 13. inches.
As You Like It is presented in this volume as part of the magnificent series The Plays of William Shakespeare, which compiles the best-known works of the world's greatest playwright in 37 volumes. William Shakespeare wrote this pastoral comedy around 1599 as a witty parody revolving around the theme of "love at first sight.
Limited Edition No. 905 of 950 copies. Illustrated from the magnificent watercolors of French painter Sylvain Sauvage (1888–1948).
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.