SEVEN DESIGNERS LOOK AT TRADEMARK DESIGN, by Egbert Jacobson - 1952 [1st ED]
Seven Designers Look at Trademark Design
by Herbert Bayer, Will Burtin, H. Creston Doner, Alvin Lustig, Paul Rand, Bernard Rudofsky
edited by Egbert Jacobson
1st Edition with Errata slip. Chicago: Paul Theobald, 1952
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Yellow cover features title in red text with list of seven designers names.
- Boards show come shelfwear and edgewear, as well as signs of dirt.
- Corners are bumped and show some fraying with exposed board. (See Photos).
- Spine has red text against a yellow back ground.
- Spine ends show signs of fraying with exposed board. (See Photos).
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Ex libris book features an owner's bookplate on front pastedown.
- Front endpaper has owners mark as well as tape mark to the front and back endpaper. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear, and gently age toned.
- Original Errata slip is included.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
170 pages. 9 x 11 inches.
Essays by each of the seven designers on the history of trademarks, formal values in trademark design, trademarks as an illustrative device, the trademark in product identification, principles of visual communication and the trademark applied. One of the essential classics in the literature of modern graphic design.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition with original Errata slip.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore