SELF-PORTRAIT IN A CONVEX MIRROR, by John Ashbery - 1976 [Signed]
Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror: Poems
by John Ashbery
SIGNED by author on title page.
England, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand: Penguin Books, 1976.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 0140422013
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging to covers, minimal inside.
- Gray covers feature B&W photograph on front as well as text.
- Wraps display mild edgewear with toning and rubbing, most pronounced along shoulders. (See photos)
- Back cover has 4" diagonal tear along foot edge.
- Spine has black text, and shows notable sunning.
- Binding is firm, yet a bit dry and fragile. (May crack easily with hard use.)
- Title page features author signature under title. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned and otherwise well preserved with minimal wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display expected toning, and scarce occasional stains, overall barely perceptible.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
83 pages. 4.5 x 7 inches.
The poetry of John Ashbery is sentimental and thoughtful, filled with reflections on life and death. This is a collection that earned him the Pulitzer Prize, as indeed he earned every major American Award for his work. The collection Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror has a well-earned name as the author unveils himself and his world to his readers in a series of reflections on the human condition as well as his own particular experiences.
Signed by the author on the title page. Includes a biographical note.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore