SECRETS OF THE POPES, by Arthur Crockett - 1983
Secrets of the Popes
by Arthur Crockett
First edition. New Brunswick, NJ: Inner Light Publications, 1983.
Paperback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cardstock pale blue wraps house a 1980s elegantly designed interior.
- Covers exhibit marginal fading and gentle edgewear, with slightly more wear to head edge of front cover
- Stapled binding is secure throughout.
- Spine shows fraying around staples, fading, and scuffing.
- Interior is gently and evenly age toned.
- Inside pages have scattered pencil marks. Rare underlining is barely visible and does not show in photos. Some tidy numbers are added to the text that might be dates, and a page of portraits adds captions identifying name and dates of each pope.
- Page 38 has a .25" smudge along fore edge near a .25" darkening at page edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
56 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with portraits of different popes, while text pages are printed with a border and a custom medallion. The style of low-budget production is unique to the 1980s and early '90s, with a blend of computer and older layout forms. Interior of front cover advertises another book by the author (Fatima prophesy) while both sides of the back cover have publisher's ads titled "Controversial Bookshelf."
Secrets of the Popes explores mystical and little-known facts about the popes of the Catholic church since its inception. Crockett researched myths and rumors to explore how the mystical is yet alive and well, even though The Church often seeks to suppress it in favor of rationalism. Chapters include:
- The Great Popes
- Levitation and Teleportation
- The Box No Pope Will Open
- St Malachi's Prophecy of the Popes
- The Strange Story of Pope Joan
- Pope Benedict XIV Wrote the Book on Miracles
- Miracles - Recent and Ancient
Arthur Crockett wrote several titles for this publication, on similar mystical and controversial topics.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore