SAM MALOOF: WOODWORKER, by Sam Maloof - 1983 [1st Ed/Signed]
Sam Maloof: Woodworker
by Sam Maloof
1st Edition, Flat Signed. Tokyo, New York, San Francisco: Kodansha International LTD., 1983
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated DJ cover features two color photographs one on the front of a walnut rocking chair which is the artists most famous design, and a spiral staircase in the artists studio.
- Brown boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text against a brown background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Front fep is flat signed by the author/artist. (See Photos).
- Frontispiece is present and is lightly foxed on the title page behind it. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear with scattered light foxing. (See Photos).
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have scattered light foxing foxing. (See Photos).
- Text block edges have a dusty head edge as well as light foxing on the side edge. (See Photos).
- DJ looks great and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear, DJ is also price clipped.
- Illustrated DJ has some lightly scuffed corners. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
224 pages. 9 x 12 inches.
Sam Maloof was a furniture designer and woodworker, the first craftsman to receive a MacArthur fellowship. Maloof's work is in the collections of several major American museums, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the Smithsonian American Art Museum. He was described by the N.Y. Times as "a central figure in the postwar American crafts movement". This book is Sam Maloof's life and work told in his very own words.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition, Flat signed by author/artist.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore