SALIENT MATERIA MEDICA AND THERAPEUTICS, by C.L. Cleveland - 1888 [1st Ed]
Salient Materia Medica and Therapeutics
by C.L. Cleveland
FIRST EDITION. Philadelphia, PA: F. E. Boericke, 1888.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Antiquarian binding features red cloth covers with gilt lettering on rounded spine.
- Book displays commensurate wear and aging.
- Boards exhibit overall rubbing and edgewear, with minor bumping to corners, as well as gentle aging with some hard-to-see, small damp stains and general fading.
- Foot corners show a little more wear with some exposed boards and a little stronger bumping.
- Covers show two black stains, one on front, one on back, 0.5" or smaller.
- Spine displays some overall fading, and softening to both ends, with some rubbing and fraying.
- Binding is overall secure with minimal play.
- Endpapers display minor light foxing, as well as two signatures from previous owners on front pastedown. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned, and exhibits rare marginal smudges.
- Inside pages exhibit frequent tiny pencil marks in margins, as well as some ink pen notes and corrections in indexes. (See photos)
- Pages show minor occasional edgewear. (See photos)
- Pages 148-149 of index exhibit some glue residue along foot edges, about 1.25" in length. Additionally page 144 has a 2" long additional entry glued in alphabetical order to page, with shadow on facing page. (See photos)
- Text block edges display commensurate age-toning with dust along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
171 pages. 5.25 x 7.75 inches.
Antiquarian binding features red cloth covers and rounded spine with gilt lettering.
Book features a preface, instructions for using this work, and two indexes: namely an index of remedies placed at beginning of volume, and a clinical index placed at end.
This reference guide on medicinal and therapeutic substances compiles the essential remedies with their Latin name and the cases in which to use them. Following a prescription method explained in the instructions, the author applies it to each substance presented in this work, giving first the symptoms of the patient, then their cause, and compares the "natural disease" with the "drug disease" so as to determine how the drug works to heal that particular disease. He then gives the necessary dilution. This will be found to be a useful reference guide to the use of drugs to successful improve the health condition.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore