RONCHAMP, by Le Corbusier - 1957$65.00
by Le Corbusier
An amusing, intriguing history of the building of Ronchamp, the cathedral by the famous Swiss-French architect. Backing his comments with the many photographs of the interior and exterior of his cathedral, the artists allows us into his mind and the special meaning of this unique building, which seems to redefine the very meaning of a cathedral. An entertaining history of the creation of a unique construction, this volume delivers an amazing analysis of the reasons for all its particularities, and allows the reader, by means of the many images, to make a whole tour of the building, and by means of the text, sometimes poetic, to discover its meaning. Pages not numbered. Approx. 140 pages. 7.75 x 8 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with B&W photographs and drawings. Text in French. Includes a preface. List of illustration captions is inserted.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Les Editions Girsberger, Zurich, Switzerland, 1957.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays minimal wear on covers with slight toning to interior.
- Linen covers feature blue text on front.
- Spine features blue text.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers show scarce smudges.
- Interior displays slight toning, with minor warping and toning to upper edges of pages, too light to be caught on camera.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty along head.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper. Spine is sunned.
- DJ shows mild edgewear with some rubbing to corners and back cover, small chips at spine ends and corners as well as a crease to lower right corner of back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore