ROGER PAYNE AND HIS ART, by William Loring Andrews - 1892
Roger Payne and His Art
by William Loring Andrews
Limited First Edition. New York: De Vinne Press. 1892
Overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Original blue cloth has bright gilt title on front and spine.
- Boards are strong and firm. Edges exhibit minor shelfwear with rubbing most notable at corners and spine ends.
- Foot of spine shows more rubbing. Please see photo.
- Inside pages are clean and free of any marks.
- Binding is tight and firm.
- Cloth on boards exhibit faint water stain along lower edge, and other minor smudges.
- Pastedowns have minor fading.
- A page in front and one in back of book are still uncut.
36 pages. 5 x 8.25 inches.
This small homage to bookbinder Roger Payne includes the original 11 full-color plates, including a frontis engraving of R. Payne at has craft. (He was one of only 2 bookbinders that history has seen fit to preserve in images.) Payne is sometimes attributed to creating a new style of bookbinding. This book covers what information is known of him, and includes examples of some of his most notable pieces of fine binding.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition, one of 120 copies printed on Holland paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.
Subject: Art & Photography
Year Printed: 18920000
Special Attributes: Illustrated
Origin: New York
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Shipping: Shipping rate calculated at checkout