ROBERT LONGO: CHARCOAL - 2012
Robert Longo: Charcoal
by Robert Longo
Ostfildern, Germany: Hatje Cantz Verlag, 2012.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition.
- ISBN: 9783775731966
- Volume is quarter-bound in black cloth and features reproduction of charcoal illustration on back cover.
- Book displays minimal overall wear.
- Front board has black lettering, and displays a small smudge under text.
- Spine has blind-tooled text.
- Shoulders are a little dusty on some areas. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are clean and clear throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are inked in black and show a little dust.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
251 pages. 10.25 x 12 inches.
This volume is a spectacular overview of the magnificent art of the author, who discovered charcoal after a shortage of pencils when he wanted to draw in the quiet solitude of his studio on Christmas holidays in NYC in 1999. The book shows the span of Longo's talent, from animal drawings to landscapes and people, as the images display the tremendous power of his precision and skill. The volume is divided in various sections according to the subject matter, showing the diversity of Longo's talent. It is made complete by texts from various authors.
Robert Longo (b. 1953) is an American painter and sculptor who became a rising star in the 1980s with his "Men in the Cities" series, in which he depicts sharply dressed men and women writhing in contorted emotion.
Lavishly illustrated in B&W and partial color. Includes texts by various writers, as well as a biography and a bibliography.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore