ROBERT IRWIN: PRIMARIES AND SECONDARIES - 2008 [+DVD]$95.00
Robert Irwin: Primaries and Secondaries
Published by: Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego. San Diego, CA. 2008.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE- condition.
- ISBN: 0780934418676
- DVD is present and unworn.
- Laminated illustrated covers exhibit minimal signs of age and wear.
- Boards exhibit faint scuffs and mild indentations to the front top edge and a small tear to the surface. Please see photos.
- Corners are gently bumped and rubbed. Please see photos.
- Spine is firm with lettering and publisher's logo and exhibits gently bumped ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock is slightly cocked.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
219 pages. 9.5" by 9.75".
A pivotal influence in contemporary art, Robert Irwin's work investigates perception and phenomenological experience through sculptural and installation works that engage directly with a location's physical conditions. In the late 1960s, Irwin's early pieces helped to define the aesthetics of the West Coast Light and Space movement. In 1970, Irwin abandoned his studio-based art and stripped away all of his conceptions about art-making, until only those two criteria truly did remain: light and space. By the 1980's, he had evolved guidelines for how a site-based art could proceed, and, in a seminal 1986 statement, he laid out approaches for "site dominant," "site adjusted," "site specific" or "site conditioned" art--terms that are still essential today. Robert Irwin: Primaries and Secondaries spans five decades of the artist's work. Produced to accompany the largest exhibition of Irwin's work since 1993, it includes five of his most recent installation works, four of which were created specifically for MCASD--and features a DVD documentary of the exhibition installation, plus five essays from the artist's distinguished theoretical output.
Includes essays by Hugh M. Davies and Robert Irwin with excerpts from a conversation with Robert Irwin, selected bibliography, selected exhibition history, exhibition checklist and more.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.