RICHARD DIEBENKORN: THE SKETCHBOOKS REVEALED - 2015 [1st Ed]
The Sketchbooks Revealed
by Richard Diebenkorn
with Essays by Various
Catalog published on the occasion of the Stanford University's Cantor Arts Center Exhibition of September 9, 2015 - February 8, 2016
FIRST EDITION. Stanford, CA: Stanford University, 2015.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 9780804799171
- Volume is quarter-bound in black, and features color illustrated covers, as well as publisher's black ribbon bookmark.
- Volume displays minor to minimal overall wear.
- Covers exhibit gentle bumping to corners, as well as a soft bump to foot edges on front and back, near corner.
- Spine shows minimal fading.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display minimal dust and smudges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
295 pages. 9.25 x 12.25 inches.
Book is quarter-bound in black and features color illustrated covers with publisher's black ribbon bookmark inside. Lavishly illustrated in full-color and B&W plates throughout. Features:
- a foreword by Connie Wolf and Alison Gass
- essays by Gretchen Diebenkorn Grant, Steven A. Nash, Enrique Chagoya, Alexander Nemerov and Peggy Phelan
- personal notes by Richard Diebenkorn.
This exceptional catalog features a deeper, more hidden aspect of the American artist: the works found in his sketchbooks, which feature mostly nudes, portraits and landscapes. Carefully assembled and expertly commented, this catalog brings to light some of the most intimate aspects of Diebenkorn's work, allowing an insight and a comprehension of his method and his artistic mind, that his usually exhibited works withhold from us.
Richard Diebenkorn (1922-1993) was an American painter and printmaker. First associated with Abstract Expressionism and the Bay Area Figurative Movement, he later started a series of geometrical, lyrical abstract paintings, which under the name of Ocean Park paintings, brought him worldwide acclaim.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition, published at the occasion of the exhibition of September 9, 2015 - February 8, 2016 at the Cantor Arts Center of Stanford University.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore