REVOLUTIONARY INK: THE PAINTINGS OF WU GUANZHONG, by Melissa Chiu - 2012$140.00
Revolutionary Ink: The Paintings of Wu Guanzhong
edited by Melissa Chiu
New York, NY: Asia Society Museum, 2012.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 9780878481149
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature B&W painting on front and back, as well as green and pink text on front.
- Boards display minimal edgewear.
- Spine has color text and device on B&W background.
- Binding is secure.
- Ephemera features a newspaper cut on Wu Guanzhong's paintings, in Art Preview. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges have a small stain to head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
231 pages. 9.25 x 12.25 inches.
Wu Guanzhong (1919-2010) was a contemporary Chinese painter. Widely regarded as a founder of modern Chinese painting, he is considered one of the greatest contemporary Chinese painters. Blending Western and Eastern influences, his style is sometimes reminiscent of Fauvism, and sometimes of Chinese calligraphy. His depictions of the fauna and plant life of China is somehow reminiscent of Impressionism. The works presented here sum up his output in landscape, architecture and the everyday, and abstraction painting, in B&W ink or with color.
Includes two forewords and a preface, as well as historical essays by various writers. Includes a large fold-out.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore