REPRESENTATION AND INVARIANCE OF SCIENTIFIC STRUCTURES, by P. Suppes - 2002$95.00
Representation and Invariance of Scientific Structures
by Patrick Suppes
California: CSLI Publications, 2002.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 1575863332
- Volume shows little wear overall.
- Quarter-bound in black cloth.
- Gray covers have small bump to back corner, as well as minimal dust.
- Spine features bright silver text.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ shows minimal edgewear. Upper edges lightly curl up, with a minimal crease on front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
536 pages. 7.25 x 10.25 inches.
Suppes' work can be considered a remarkable step forward in the domain of science and mathematics. It deals with all the important fields of the philosophy of science, among which probability, relativity, quantum mechanics, visual space, as well as space and time in general. One of the most remarkable is the chapter on probability, that examines the controversies on the representation of probability.
Includes a preface. A Summary Table of Representation and Invariance Theorems by chapter is in Appendix.
Table of Contents:
- Axiomatic Definition of Theories
- Theory of Isomorphic Representation
- Representations of Probability
- Representations of Space and Time
- Representations in Mechanics
- Representations of Language
- Summary Table of Representation and Invariance Theorems by Chapter.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore