REMBRANDT; A MEMORIAL OF HIS TERCENTENARY, by Emile Michel - 1907
Old and gently worn, with commensurate aging. Some detached pages and overall toning. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
Rembrandt Harmensz Van Rijn; A Memorial of His Tercentenary
by Emile Michel
A magnificent recollection of the immortal work of the greatest of the Dutch artists. More than three centuries after his death Rembrandt is more famous than ever. Published on the occasion of his 300th birthday, this imposing volume portrays, in color and photogravure plates, the painter's gigantic body of works in some of his most beloved creations. Complete with a detailed biography accompanying illustration plates, this book is a true gem of celebration of a great genius' life endeavour. Approx. 136 pages. 13.25 x 9.75 inches.
Seventy color and photogravure illustration plates. Biography included.
Published by: John Lane Company, The International Studio, New York, 1906.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Book is in very good condition with moderate overall toning.
- Green cloth covers have an illustrated title block pasted on front, with author name and beautiful monochrome illustration.
- Ex-libris with illustrated bookplate on front pastedown. (See photos)
- Boards are moderately age-toned notably on illustration block with scarce scuffing over cloth.
- Corners are bumped with moderate rubbing.
- Spine displays toning commensurate with covers and has softened and bumped ends.
- Spine ends are gently rubbed mostly on shoulder ends.
- Binding has a little play with some detached pages.
- Endpapers show light age-toning mostly along edges.
Subject: Art & Photography
Topic: Fine Arts: Monographs
Special Attributes: Illustrated
Publisher: John Lane Company The International Studio
Year Printed: 19060000
Place of Publication: New York
Author: Emile Michel
Region: North America
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Shipping: Shipping rate calculated at checkout