PROCEEDINGS OF THE CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH AT SPARTA, NJ, by Theodore F. Chambers - 1887$60.00
Proceedings of the Centennial Anniversary of the Presbyterian Church at Sparta, NJ. November 23, 1886, together with a History of the Village
by Rev. Theodore F. Chambers
Published by: The Williams Printing Company. New York, NY. 1887.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Black cloth boards with gilt-stamped cover title and blind-stamped design.
- Covers are gently darkened, soiled and scuffed with mild edgewear, most notably to the top where there are light stains and a small tear in a portion of cloth. Please see photos.
- Corners are gently bumped and rubbed with the top corners exhibiting rubbing and exposed boards. Please see photos.
- Spine is gently darkened and stained with the ends exhibiting tears and fraying to portions of the cloth. Please see photos.
- Binding varies through volume with the first half of the text block being securely bound, while the second half is loose with pages 80/81 exhibiting a lightly cracked gutter. Please see photos.
- Illustrated endpapers are gently age-toned with fading along the perimeter and an open tear to the lower area of the ffep.
- Front pastedown bears ex libris plate with signature in ink.
- Interior is age-toned with mild foxing in areas, mild creases along the upper portion of leafs, faint pencil underlining to page 82, and areas with additional minor pencil marks. Please see photos.
- Diagram is intact.
- Textblock edges darkened and gently rubbed.
106 pages.6.25" by 9.25".
Includes a sermon, two addresses by noted Reverend and an Appendix listing church work, ministers, elders, trustees, a daily schedule, a genealogy, a history of the North Hardyston Church, early settlers, a history of the village, proprietary transfers with a map of the church lands, a list of church members from the beginning, a list of communicants and more.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.