PRINCIPLES OF STRATIGRAPHY, by Amadeus W. Grabau - 1913 [Signed]$95.00
Principles of Stratigraphy
by Amadeus W. Grabau
A massive, amazingly exhaustive, manual on the science of geology, which will be found to be of great use to the student and the professional. From the various layers of the Earth and their description, to the hydrosphere, from the morphology and structure of organic rocks to the composition of the various spring waters, this is an exceptional guide to the science of the Earth. Complete with many tables, illustrated with numerous black & white diagrams which give insight and understanding of the scientific text, this is an invaluable volume to have at hand for the geology student and professional, as well as a fascinating armchair book for the amateur geologist. 1185 pages. 6.5 x 9.75 inches.
FIRST, Signed and Inscribed Edition. Contains many tables and diagrams. Includes a preface, a bibliography and an index.
Published by: A. G. Seiler and Company, New York, 1913.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition with minor expected wear.
- Red cloth covers feature blind-tooled lines and show some minor overall scuffing.
- Boards display mild edgewear from rubbing and some slight bumps.
- Corners are rubbed with exposed boards.
- Spine features text and lines in gilt, and is mildly sunned with light scuffing.
- Spine ends are softened and rubbed, mostly at head.
- Binding is intact with some play, with hinges displaying some cracking at rear. (See photos)
- A few gutters show some gapping between signatures. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned and well-preserved for this vintage.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are age-toned and lightly scuffed, with some darkening and discreet foxing to head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore