PRIAPUS AND THE POOL, by Conrad Aiken - 1922 [Signed Limited 1st Ed.]
Priapus and the Pool
by Conrad Aiken
Limited first edition of 425 copies. This book is #33/50 produced on handmade paper, numbered and signed by the author. Cambridge, Mass.: Dunster House, 1922.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Taupe paper covers with metallic finish are mostly clean, with traces of blind tooled borders in Greek Key design.
- Boards show edgewear, some scuffing. Corners are worn, with exposed board. Please see photos for details of condition.
- Spine has black text on white labels and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Endpapers and feps have some light staining. Small crack inside front cover at gutter. Please see photos for details. Gift inscription and owner's marks on flyleaf.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges.
60 unpaginated pages. 6.25 x 8.75 inches.
An early collection of Aiken's poetry, made while he was in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The book was printed by William Edwin Rudge at his Mount Vernon Press, in Mount Vernon, New York. It was designed by the renowned typographer and book designer Bruce Rogers.
The colophon describes this volume as one of the first 50 books produced in an edition of 425. Made on handmade paper, it is numbered No. 33, and is signed by the author Conrad Aiken. It also bears the stamp (in red ink) of Bruce Rogers.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore