PLUMES, by Laurence Stallings - 1924 [1st Ed]$65.00
by Laurence Stallings
Presumed First Edition. New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1924.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays mild commensurate aging and wear.
- Blue cloth covers have black text on front, and display minor edge fading and toning.
- Corners show minimal rubbing.
- Spine has black text, and exhibits strong sunning, as well as softening and some bumps to ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Page 59 shows a 0.5" horizontal tear on margin. (See photos)
- Text block edges show commensurate toning, with some scattered foxing, mostly along fore edge, and some dust on faded ink at head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
348 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
Plumes is an autobiographical novel about Stallings' service in World War I, which brought him wide acclaim. It was adapted into a movie, The Big Parade, by King Vidor.
Laurence Stallings (1894-1968) was an American playwright, screenwriter, novelist, lyricist, literary critic, journalist, and photographer.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore