PLAYING RULES OF LAWN TENNIS, Polo & Badminton - 1892
The Playing Rules of Lawn Tennis,
as adopted by the United States National Lawn Tennis Association. Also the Rules of Equestrian Polo and Badminton.
Publishing Info: Peck and Snyder, New York. 1892.
Overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Covers and inside pages are clean and gently aged.
- Printing is crisp and clean.
- Crease and smudge at top front corner.
- Gentle creases to back lower corner.
- 1.25" tear to back cover from head of spine.
- 2 stains to back cover near tail of spine.
- Darkened spine.
- Gentle and minor edgewear.
- Inside pages are free of writing or intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
- Please see photos for more!
After the first American National championship was held at thee Staten Island Cricket Club in September of 1880, the United States National Lawn Tennis Association (now the United States Tennis Association) was formed in 1881 to standardize the rules of this new tennis game, and to organize competitions. 11 years later, and at least a handful of publications later, this little charm came to print. It has 32 numbered pages of rules and regulations, followed by about as many additional pages of diagrams, ads, and related tennis resources. This is a small delicate pamphlet (4 x 5.75 inches) and overall in remarkable condition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore