PLACE NAMES IN BUCKS COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA, by George MacReynolds - 1942 [1st Ed]
Place Names in Bucks County Pennsylvania: Alphabetically Arranged In An Historical Narrative
by George MacReynolds
1st Edition. Doylestown, PA: The Bucks Country Historical Society, 1942.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated black and white DJ cover features a drawing of Bucks County from 1942.
- Blue boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are slightly bumped on the back top head.
- Spine has gilt text against a blue background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Front fep has an original owners mark written in blue pen.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have light foxing to the top head.
- Illustrated DJ exhibits overall scuffing, more to shoulders and fore edges.
- Edges of DJ have moderate wear including chipped corners and spine ends, overall rubbing, and some closed tears up to 1". (See Photos).
- Back of DJ has sticker residue patch 1.25" x 3".
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
474 pages. 6.5 x 9.5 inches.
This is the story of the present name and location of practically every place in Bucks County, as well as olden time names, with all available information bearing directly of indirectly upon the origin and meaning of such name, woven into a narrative which, perchance, will make the book an acceptable reference volume.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore