PIERRE CHAREAU, by Marc Vellay; Kenneth Frampton - 1985 [1st US Ed]
Pierre Chareau: Architect and Craftsman 1883-1950
by Marc Vellay and Kenneth Frampton
FIRST AMERICAN EDITION. New York: Rizzoli Publications, 1985.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0847806146
- Volume displays little overall wear and aging.
- Black covers feature title in silver on front, and display minimal edgewear.
- Back board exhibits a 1/4" ding. (See photos)
- Spine features text in silver.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays light marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display minor toning with a few small stains and smudges.
- DJ is well preserved, and shows some overall edgewear with tears to corners and spine ends, as well as a light crease to foot.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
347 pages. 9.25 x 12.25 inches.
Pierre Chareau was a French architect and designer. Known for his Maison de Verre, the first house in steel and glass in France, he was a member of the International Congress of Modern Architecture. His designs were noted for their complexity. This monograph, written in part by the grandson of Chareau's original client for the Maison de Verre, stands as a magnificently illustrated and thoroughly researched definitive account on a great master of modern architecture.
A biography, catalog and investigation into Chareau's lifework, it is lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W photographs. Includes a catalog, a list of exhibitions, a bibliography, and many essays dealing with the life and work of the artist.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore