PIERRE BONNARD, by Fondation Beyeler - 2012$225.00
by Fondation Beyeler
Berlin, Germany: Hatje Cantz, 2012
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9783905632958
- Illustrated color cover features a painting by the artist as well has a black and white photograph of the artist on the back cover.
- Boards are in over all near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text against a white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps are in near fine condition.
- Foldout illustrations are present and in overall great condition.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks great and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
176 pages. 11 x 12.5 inches.
Pierre Bonnard was a French painter, illustrator, and printmaker, known especially for the stylized decorative qualities of his paintings and his bold use of color. He was a founding member of the Post-Impressionist group of avant-garde painters Les Nabis, and his early work was strongly influenced by the work of Paul Gauguin, and the prints of Hokusai and other Japanese artists. He was a leading figure in the transition from impressionism to modernism. He painted landscapes, urban scenes, portraits and intimate domestic scenes, where the backgrounds, colors and painting style usually took precedence over the subject.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore