PHOTOGRAPHY AS A FINE ART by Charles H. Caffin - 1901 [1st Ed]$95.00
Photography as a Fine Art
by Charles H. Caffin
FIRST EDITION. Chapters focus on Alfred Stieglitz and his work, Gertrude Kasebier and the artistic-commercial photography, landscape as a subject, individual expression and more, all accompanied by high-quality b/w photographic reproductions. 191 pages. 8" by 10.25".
First Edition published by Double, Page & Co. New York, NY. 1901.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Green cloth covers feature bold gilt lettering.
- Boards show light scuffs to areas and a small indentation along the fore edge of the rear board, though are clean overall.
- Front hinge exhibits light play.
- Bottom string broken at title page. Please see photos.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt lettering with softened ends and light scuffing to shoulder.
- Binding is secure though there are light cracks along the gutter to the following: 88/89, 96/97, 136/137, 144/145.
- Endpapers are lightly age-toned with mild foxing.
- Frontispiece is mildly foxed though clean overall.
- Illustrations are lightly toned along the inner margins.
- Interior lightly age-toned with mild scattered foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock is lightly cocked with foxing to fore edge and bottom edge and dust to the bottom edge.
- Text block features gilt to top edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore