PHARAOHS, FELLAHS AND EXPLORERS, by Amelia B. Edwards - 1891 [1st Ed]$110.00
Pharaohs, Fellahs and Explorers
by Amelia B. Edwards
FIRST EDITION. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1891.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
Volume shows mild to minor overall wear and aging.
Orange cloth covers feature gilt lettering with gilt, red and green designed frame on front.
- Front board and spine feature 1/4" gilt border.
- Boards exhibit moderate edge wear with rubbing. Boards are exposed at corners, that are also bumped.
- Covers display light overall rubbing.
- Spine features gilt text, and is mildly faded and darkened, displaying softening as well as some rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
Illustrations inside are well-preserved.
Interior displays mild overall age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages display edgewear, as does 55-56, which shows a creased corner and a 4" long interior crease running along fore edge of page. (See photos) Other pages inside exhibit occasional creases, closed tears, and edge rubbing.
- Text block edges have gilt along head, and are deckled along fore edge and foot.
Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
325 pages. 6.5 x 9.25 inches.
A compelling study on the fascinating past of Egypt and its pyramids, Pharaohs, Fellahs and Explorers is an archaeological insight into one of the world's greatest ancient civilizations. It brings to light the pharaohs and their still mysterious world by unveiling some of the customs, traditions, and religious ideologies of this remarkable people. Delivering geographical details to the explorer, it studies portrait-making in Ancient Egypt, with the means that were then at hand, to delve even deeper with an examination of the religious beliefs of Ancient Egyptians and their pharaohs. To this last subject is dedicated the last part of the book.
Lavishly illustrated with B&W engravings, photographs and line drawings. Includes a list of illustrations, a table of contents and a preface.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
Shipping: Shipping rate calculated at checkout