PETUNIA, by Roger Duvoisin - 1950 [1st Edition]
written and illustrated by Roger Duvoisin
FIRST EDITION, Read Aloud Book Club. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1950.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume is in overall Very Good+ condition showing minimal wear and aging.
- Orange covers feature monochrome blue illustration and text on front and device from read-aloud-book club on back.
- Boards display minor edgewear with light rubbing to lower corners and a small bump to foot of spine, as well as minimal evidence of aging.
- Spine features blue text, and shows minimal rubbing to ends, with small bump to foot. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is minimally toned, with vibrant illustrations throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display mid expected toning with occasional small stains.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays light foxing on both covers, and minor overall toning, as well as some edgewear including small chips to spine ends, and a 1.25" closed tear to lower corner on front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 30 pages. 8.25 x 10.25 inches.
The adventures of the goose who found a book and since then thought herself smart. Giving advice to all she meets, she finally discovers how little she really knew after all. From DJ return: "One of America's distinguished contributors to the field of children's literature has created a book filled with fun and gay pictures in brilliant color."
First Edition statement on reverse of title page. Richly illustrated throughout in full color by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore