PENTHOUSE: 40th Anniversary - 2008$450.00
Penthouse: Fortieth Anniversary Edition
forward by Glenn O'Brien
New York, NY: Assouline Publishing, 2008
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition. With VERY GOOD Clam Shell Box.
- ISBN: 9782759402946
- Brown cloth covers are in overall very good condition, with rare faint scuffs.
- Box exhibits dampstain on the front left side, which does not affect the book. (See Photos).
- Outer case has minimal scuffing to gilt on "spine." (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt text against a brown background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Photographs are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have All Edges Gilt (AEG).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
120 pages. 13 x 17 inches.
In 1969, the first American issue of Penthouse sold out in a matter of days. England's controversial magazine of beautiful girls, intelligent journalism, and intimate revelations had arrived. Now, on the fortieth anniversary of that first sold-out issue, Assouline presents a limited collector's edition of the most iconic photographs in the magazines past four decades-an exalting compilation of Penthouse imagery in a work of provocative design. With a preface by the famed pop writer Glenn OBrien, this volume merges photography from the archive of a cutting-edge institution with the allure of Assouline aesthetic. From its earliest days, Penthouse has reflected and pursued America's deepest desires, serving as both the instigator and mirror for womens evolving views of their own sexuality. This ultimate volume, presented on cotton paper, is an enticing celebration of the notorious magazine, elevating the iconic medium of American sexuality to a work of art. [Penthouse].
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore