PEN & PENCIL PICTURES ON THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA & WESTERN RAILROADS, by J.K. Hoyt - 1874
Pen and Pencil Pictures on the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad
by J. K. Hoyt
A magnificent pictorial celebration of the beautiful Delaware region along its railroad. Handsomely illustrated and accurately documented with fascinating geographic and historic details, the volume is not only a work of art in itself, filled with splendid pictures of the region, but also a detailed reference guide on the places of interest on the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western railroad, and their history. 287 pages. 4.5 x 7 inches.
Beautifully illustrated with black & white pen and pencil pictures of the region. Documented with geographic and historic details. Fold-out map of railroad at end of volume. List of real estate agents on the Morris and Essex divisions at end of volume.
Presumed first edition. Published by: W. H. Cadwell, Publisher, New York, 1874.
Hardback is overall in FAIR+ condition.
- Volume displays moderate wear on covers and inside, including overall rubbing, and some staining and tears inside.
- Blue decorated covers feature text in gilt with black blind-tooled filigree.
- Boards exhibit overall wear from rubbing and fading, and some pronounced edge wear from rubbing with slight chipping towards shoulder ends.
- Corners are mildly bumped, and show strong rubbing with exposed boards.
- Spine displays minor fading and severe wear at ends, with softening, rubbing and chips.
- Binding is fragile with some play, and cracking at front hinge and along gutter between some pages. (See photos)
- Endpapers show moderate toning as well as some scattered stains.
- Interior is moderately age-toned, with occasional stains, marginal and going into text.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have scarce finger marks and occasional edge damp staining.
- Fold-out maps show some wear from toning, marginal foxing and staining, as well as some edge toning, creasing and closed tears.
- Giant fold-out tissue map is severely worn with two 1" x 1" holes and a 5" tear at fold. (See photos)
- Text block edges show moderate toning with some darkening and scarce staining along head, and show protruding fold-out map.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.