PAUL KLEE: TEN WORKS IN WATERCOLOR AND TEMPERA - 1946
Paul Klee: Ten Facsimile Reproductions of Works in Watercolour and Tempera
Introduction by Georg Schmidt
Basle, Switzerland: Holbein Publishing Company, 1946.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Book features flexible yellow covers with onion skin DJ.
- Volume displays gentle overall wear and aging.
- Covers are protected behind onion skin, which displays some stains on front and back, including a 1.25" x 3" stain along back shoulder. It also has 3 notable chips, the largest of which is 2"x 0.5" that wraps around foot of spine, and tiny typical chips at corners. (See photos)
- Spine onion skin is sunned.
- Binding is overall secure.
- Interior shows gentle age-toning. Page edges are a little dry, and show more pronounced toning, with occasional small tears. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages are unbound as published.
- Textblock edges exhibit some rubbing and scuffs. Last two pages show some staining along fore edge.
14 text pages + 10 plates. 11.5 x 15.25 inches.
Elephant folio book features flexible yellow covers with onion skin DJ. Pages are unbound as published. Onion skin DJ is folded tightly around book wrap.
Volume includes ten facsimile reproductions of the author's watercolor and tempera works, gently tipped-in along one side.
This collection of works by the Swiss-born Paul Klee (1879-1940) presents the artist's colorful artwork under the light of an insightful text. First describing Klee's pursuit and endeavor in his work and style, the text proceeds in an elaborate description of each of the works presented, offering to guide the spectator into a deeper understanding of an intriguing, profound art.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore