PARISIANS, by Peter Turnley - 2000 [Signed]
photographs by Peter Turnley
text by Adam Gopnik and Peter Turnley
SIGNED EDITION, Inscribed on half-title page. New York, London, Paris: Abbeville Press Publishers, 2000.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0789206501
- Volume displays minimal overall wear.
- Black cloth covers feature blind-tooled text as well as red title on front, and exhibit minimal overall edge fading and dust.
- Lower corner of front and upper corner of back are minimally bumped.
- Spine features red text and device. Head of spine is minimally bumped with a little dust.
- Binding is secure.
- Half-title page features signature and inscription. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display faint smudges along head.
- DJ features B&W photographs from collection, and shows minimal edgewear and overall scuffing.
- Head of spine is lightly bumped on DJ, and upper edge of front has a 2.5"-long crease. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
168 pages. 11.75 x 9.75 inches.
Peter Turnley (b. 1955) is an American photojournalist whose work revolves around the depiction of current events and the human condition. He has lived and photographed in Paris since 1978. This collection of photographs captures the essence of one of the most characteristic cities in the world, as well as of its inhabitants. The French capital is brought to life as Turnley's photographs give an insight that is at once funny and revealing, an overview and a close-up.
Lavishly illustrated with the author's photographs. Includes forewords by Edouard Boubat and Robert Doisneau. Text by Adam Gopnik and Peter Turnley.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore