PARIS WITHOUT REGRET, by Ursula Broschke Davis - 1986 [1st Ed]$75.00
Paris Without Regret: James Baldwin, Kenny Clarke, Chester Himes, and Donald Byrd
by Ursula Broschke Davis
Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa Press, 1986
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 0877451478
- Illustrated DJ covers are in overall great condition and feature black and white photos of the people the book is about.
- White/grey boards show some signs of minimal dirt on the front and back board.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text against a white/grey background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have signs of foxing on the head. (See Photos).
- DJ has some dirt, edgewear and shelfwear.
- DJ has pen mark on the inside front flap. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
125 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
In the 1950's a number of Afro-American artist left the United States, seeking a community where their blackness could be accepted without racial nightmares and where they could practice their art with a freedom denied them in America. This sensitive narrative explores the self-exile of four renowned Afro-American Artists. Paris with out Regret is relevant not only to the days before integration but also to America today.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore