PANACEA LAPSORUM ARNICA by MEISNER 1736 Homeopathy Scarce Latin First Edition$995.00
Panacea Lapsorum, Seu Dissertatio Inauguralis Medica de h. Arnica
(tr: A medical dissertation on the homeopathic uses of the herb Arnica)
by Leonardus Ferdinandus Meisner; Adalbertus Ignatius Andreides
This book is very scare and hard to find, with few copies available in printed form. It is a preeminent Latin treatise on the homeopathic uses of the plant arnica. It appears to be one of the primary sources for the Homeopathic Materia Medica. Printed in Prague in the early 18th century, this leather bound book is a excellent example fine printing and binding. 47 pages + 3 pages of questions. 6.75 x 8 inches.
Publishing Info: Prague. 1736.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Leather bound 18th century book has some wear and aging, and is overall is in very nice condition.
- Spine has a blind-tooled design stamped down the length.
- Binding is overall secure and strong. It was likely professionally reinforced at an earlier time.
- Marbled pastedowns still bright and colorful. They have some creasing, as well as buckling under the glue. Back pastedown has significant creasing at top corner, that carries through to feps.
- Boards are stiff, with some warping to front and back.
- Covers have have some obvious scuffing, edgewear, with a large chip (1/2"x1/2") in the leather on the back, and rubbed corners.
- Leather has begun to dry, and has some cracking, especially at the shoulders. There's a long crack (1.5") near the head at front shoulder.
- Head of spine is split at the shoulders: 1/4" at front, and 3/4" at back.
- Inside pages are overall tanned, and free of marginalia and writing. May have minor marks and signs of aging.
- Text remains dark and clear.
- Front free end pages have some penciled numbers, as shown in photo.
- Page 47 + 3 pgs of questions are loose from the binding.
- Text block edges have moderate foxing.
- Text block has some light to moderate warping.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.