PACIFIC WAR DIARY 1942-1945, by James J. Fahey - 1963 [1st Ed]
Pacific War Diary 1942 - 1945
by James J. Fahey, Seaman First Class, U.S.S. Montpelier
1st Edition. Publisher City: Boston, MA. Houghton Mifflin Company, 1963
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD+ DJ.
- Illustrated DJ features a drawing of a battleship at sea by artist Samuel H. Bryant.
- Blue boards are in overall very good condition. The show some fading along with light edgewear.
- Corners are slightly bumped. (See Photos)
- Spine has silver text against a blue background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some light to notable foxing. (See Photos).
- Illustrations bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, scattered light foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have scattered light foxing on pages 212 - 213.
- Text block edges have various markings on the top and bottom edges. (See Photos).
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear and shelfwear as well as chipped corners at the spine top and bottom edges. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
404 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
Narratives of war by statesmen, generals and politicians are abundant, but very few accounts are given by the ordinary soldiers who have fought our wars. James Fahey was a Seaman First Class on the U.S.S. Montpelier in the Pacific arena during World War II, an ordinary seaman who religiously kept a diary. During his time in the Pacific, he made many entries in his diary... sailors' feelings going into battle, opinions of their officers, being tired and hungry. He communicated an image of war, the glory, the horror and everything in between.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore