OZARK MOUNTAIN FOLKS, Vance Randolph - 1932 [1st Ed.] American Folklore VG$110.00
Ozark Mountain Folks
by Vance Randolph
Folklorist Vance Randolph's written account of the Ozark Mountains accompanied by eight black and white photographic reproductions first published by New York publishing house Vanguard Press. 270 pages. 6.25" by 9.25".
This is the story of a generation that is passing, of a people whom I have known only in their latter years. No character in this book is the portrait of any actual person...the data here presented are not fabrications of mine...I have recorded the tales that were told to me in backwoods cabins, around wilderness campfires, on long rides over mountain trails, beside little stills on big hollows...The songs included are true folk-songs which I have heard in the back hills, sung by people who did not learn them from any book. The superstitions mentioned are genuine folk-beliefs...
First Edition published by The Vanguard Press. New York, NY. 1932.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Yellow cloth covers, featuring illustration to the front, exhibit discoloration along the front and rear perimeter in addition to scuffing and soiling.
- Corners are pushed.
- Spine has red lettering and exhibits light creases and soiling along the length and pushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedown and end pages feature a regional map of the Ozark Mountain Country and remain free of major signs of age or wear.
- Illustration plates are present and intact though exhibit minor signs of wear and aging such as light scuffs to the facing illustration of page 68 and wear to the surface along the inner margins of the facing illustration of page 98.
- Interior exhibits occasional foxing, most notably to pages 127-135; lower right corners are lightly creased; gutters are lightly cracked between page 98 and facing plate and pages 130/131.
- Text block edges are darkened and foxed and feature a deckled fore edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore